Sunday, March 20, 2011

We hung the clouds above our town

Well things around here have been pretty busy between Josh's ever growing mountain of paper's and tests and me figuring out how to help market my book so I have abandoned the blog for a bit... for which I apologize! But really... besides the book and the homework there's not a whole lot to update on. Although... I did make a lovely rocky road pie the other day that makes me sick each time I eat it... causing Josh to ban the further eating of said pie.

Since I haven't posted since January I will say that Josh did a wonderful job of knowing exactly what his wife would want for Valentines day. Last year he got me a beautiful heart shaped necklace with diamonds in it... which I definitely love! But you can tell how our relationship has grown since then... since this year he got me this:



All I can say is... well done :) Also, I got him a BYU thermos (which he's been wanting for forever) and some other things... including heart shaped sugar cookies. With Josh.. when in doubt, bake.



After Valentine's day I gave Josh his first unsupervised haircut. The first time I cut his hair his mom was there to make sure I did it right... which was definitely a good thing! The second time, my mom was there to cut his neck and around his ears. This time it was all me... which was a bit terrifying. But it turned out all right I think.




Now... on to the pie. I know making a pie isn't really that big of a deal... but I'm just so proud of this one! Although, from the pictures it looks an awful lot like a mud pie but I swear it tasted a lot better. Plus our oven is broken so I had to find a delicious pie that didn't require any baking... just melting stuff on the stove top. And so... somewhere in the process, this:




Turned into this:



I was supposed to put the pie in the broiler for a minute to brown the marshmallow topping but... sadly... that would require the oven.


In other news, Josh will be done with school in about a month and we're trying to figure out where we want to go on our honeymoon. I know we'll be going to Disneyland first because... really... who wouldn't want to go to Disneyland? Plus we can wear those little mickey ears with a veil and a top hat and get Captain Jack Sparrow to marry us... yes... we ARE that big of dorks... Mostly I'm excited to see Flynn and Rapunzel. Josh has agreed to pull me away from them if I start acting too much like a 5 year old.

Other than Disneyland we're looking for a cheap cruise. Ideally we'd love to go to Washington and Oregon on a cruise... if such a cruise existed. But it doesn't so right now it's looking like somewhere in Mexico. So wish us luck on our never ending battle to find a VERY cheap honeymoon! And hopefully next time I update the blog I'll have something more exciting to report... although Pie and heart shaped sugar cookies are about as exciting as it gets to me so I'm happy :)

3 comments:

  1. Disneyland with Mickey and Minnie ears and Captain Jack Sparrow marrying you... sounds awfully familiar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pie looks so good...I want the recipe! You must've done a pretty good job on your first unsupervised haircut, cause after the first time I cut Bremen's hair, he decided to do it himself everytime (which is often when you're in the military). I do clean up the back and ears for him though. We can't wait to see you guys wherever you decide to go. Let me know if you have any questions about different places to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you're talking about, that pie looks so tasty! Good job with Josh's hair! I am horrible with Jake's. Thankfully he has to keep it short in the military so I can just buzz it each time.

    ReplyDelete